First, navigate to the TV page by clicking on the Videos tab at the top of the left hand column.
Give your broadcast a short title and description and click “create.”
Once created, you’ll want to take note of your unique Stream Key and broadcast URL.
This is your broadcast URL. This will not change.
NOTE: The digits at the end are your Stream Key. This is unique for each stream you create.
First decide if you want to stream from your desktop or mobile device. On desktop use OBS, on mobile use Larix.
Setting up OBS:
2. Add the streaming sources for your stream.
Display Capture: will stream your desktop screen.
Video Capture Device: will stream video from your webcam.
3. Click “Settings” and then “Stream” in the OBS settings menu.
4. Input the Gab URL that you generated on Gab.
Important: Do NOT include the Stream key in the “URL” section.
Important: Make sure there is a “ / ” at the end of the “URL” section as pictured.
5. Input the unique Stream Key from the end of your generated Gab stream URL and click “ok.”
Important: Do NOT include the full URL link, only your unique stream key.
6. Click “Start Streaming” in the bottom right hand corner and you’ll be live on GabTV!
Important: Once you start streaming you’ll only be able to go live once with each unique stream key. If you stop the stream it will automatically be converted to a replay. If you want to go live again, you’ll need to generate another unique Stream Key on Gab and replace the old Stream Key with the new one in OBS.
7. Open Gab and go to the “TV” tab to view your own stream and communicate with people who are watching your stream. Be sure to mute your own audio so you don’t get feedback while watching!
8. When your stream is over it will be converted to a replay and can be viewed on the “My Videos” page as well as your own profile. We do not currently have a way to search videos but this feature is coming soon!
Users can upload videos from their device to Gab! Click the “upload video” link located to the right of the “create broadcast” link on the GabTV page.
Name your video and give it a short description. Files can be up to 200MB.
Once your video is uploaded, or converted to a replay, it will appear on the “My Videos” page as well as your own profile.